It’s day 1 of 2013, and I have spent the entire day cleaning the house and organizing our junk room. Let’s hope that’s not a sign that I’m turning over some sort of weird “neat freak” leaf. Instead, let’s hope it’s a sign of progress and productivity in the new year.
Even though we moved forward in the house cleaning department today, there’s been a lot of looking back at 2012 over the past few weeks. In fact, some of you may know that every year, we send out our Christmas cards with a top 10 countdown of our best moments from the year. So it’s typically in early to mid December when I start reminiscing about all the good things that happened to us over the past 12 months.
So to officially wrap up 2012 with a nice little bow on top, I give you… Mike, Larissa & Teddy Riley’s Top 7 Moments of 2012. Sorry, I’m shortening it to seven for the blog because some of the moments are ones that I’d like to keep under wraps. And no, that doesn’t mean I’m preggers, people. (Sorry to burst your bubble, MOMS!) The omitted moments are work-related, and the hubs and I just like to keep that stuff between family and friends. No offense.
Mike, Larissa & Teddy Riley’s Top 7 Moments of 2012
7. In May, Mike and Larissa took a spontaneous trip to Las Vegas with two of Larissa’s best friends from college and their husbands.
5. Mike turned 30 in November and celebrated at a local microbrewery with a big group of family and friends.
4. Mike and Larissa visited friends in Seattle and saw many sights, including the Space Needle, Bainbridge Island and more.
3. While in Seattle, Mike, Larissa and their friends took a side trip to Vancouver to watch the St. Louis Blues hockey team play the Vancouver Canucks. The Blues lost, but it was fun nonetheless.
2. Mike and Larissa took the trip of a lifetime to Ireland in October. In eight days, we drove the Irish countryside, visiting six different villages along the way. An unforgettable experience, for sure.
1. Larissa’s mom, Connie, underwent treatment for her third bout of breast cancer this summer. She came out thriving, surviving and cancer-free. The whole family couldn’t be happier!
I’m curious to see what 2013 will bring, but like every year, I hope it involves a lot of traveling! But more importantly — good health, happiness and prosperity. Happy New Year, all!