Two days after we returned from our Seattle/Vancouver trip, I was off again to another out-of-state destination — to the city of Austin, Texas. Work sent me there for the annual South by Southwest Interactive Festival, a mecca for uber web geeks. Not that I’m claiming to be the ultimate web geek or anything, but I certainly felt at home among the multitude of nerd glasses and plaid.
Much of my time was spent attending seminars all day and schlepping through the non-stop rain that bombarded Austin for four out of the five days I was there. But the good thing was that I did get to squeeze in my fair share of great eating. And when great eating is involved, it’s bound to be a decent trip, no matter if you’re traveling for business or pleasure.
In typical business travel tradition, here are a few Instgrams/iPhone photos I snapped in Austin. Maybe one of these days I’ll get back there for pleasure.
Clockwise from top left:
- Chevy concept car, which by the way, I would like for myself thankyouverymuch.
- SXSW festival logo, in case I forget the whole reason why I was there.
- Enjoying a brew or two. Shiner Bock is the Texas favorite.
- Weiner dog at Frank Restaurant. Appropriate for a hot dog joint.
- Fancy vanilla latte at Frank Restaurant.
- Nike branded building.
- Good old fashioned Texas BBQ at Green Mesquite.
- In the parking lot of Green Mesquite. About to get our BBQ on.
- Google took over a dive bar called Lustre Pearl. And by “took over”, I mean turning it into what looked like a college spring break party town.
- First lunch in Austin at a cafe and bar called Annie’s.
- Conducting cat interviews at the Friskies You vs. Cat party.